Monday, January 4, 2010

...New Years Meant Watching Dick Clark With Your Parents?



For the past several years, December 31st has been nothing but a disappointment. While most revel in the idea of a fresh start, free from the year's mistakes, shortcomings, and calories, I find nothing remotely refreshing about the clock turning midnight. New Years is always wildly overrated, supposedly a huge party night filled with magic and rainbows and midnight kisses, but the truth is most people don't experience this. I am no exception. I can't remember the last time I actually experienced an actually GREAT New Years Eve. This year was no different. In fact, you might say this year was one of the worst New Years in a long time. But that's neither here nor there. My point is...


Remember When... New Years Eve Meant Watching the Ball Drop with a Young(er), Healthy Dick Clark With Your Parents and Banging Pots At Midnight In The Middle Of The Street, Freezing But Wildly Optimistic About The Coming Year?



I miss that.

No comments: